Saturday, August 12, 2006

After a long break...

The last post discussed what happened at Day 01 of the Architecture World, after which I don't remember why I stopped blogging (probably I lost interest). Months have passed since then, and the some events I attended also went unblogged - like the MS Tech Ed 2006. It was a two day event with differents tracks on Data, WinFX, Mobile & Embedded,... Most of the sessions on the data track were good, the video of WinFS was excellent (I later came to know that they are scrapping the Beta 2 of WinFS, and is being split of parts and integrated into other products like MS SQL Server, and ASP.NET). One other good thing happened there - there was a XBox gaming competition and guess what I participated (being a gamer) and came 3rd in the finals. What I got as a prize? - A Mouse Pad, a Stress Cube, and ... (I guess that was it). The guy who came 1st got a all-in-one USB kit. Isn't that unfair? ;)

I also attended a couple of internal trainings conducted by my company on Advanced Design Principles, Design Patterns Workshop, and JSF (JavaServer Faces). I will be attending a couple of trainings in the months to come...

Right now my interests are from writing a wigdet library in JavaScript, to understanding JVM,Java, and C++ design & implementation, to distributed & concurrency systems, to linux internals, and of course patterns & frameworks. Still unsure of what I will be doing the rest of this month... maybe spend the month trying out various games ;)

No comments: